Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ripping and Tearing

These are the before pictures of our downstairs bar area

I have not been a fan of the peasants and plaid from the time we looked at the house
Here is Lissa scoring the paper to get ready for the wallpaper stripper
Kyler and Belle also helped! They LOVED being able to tear the paper off the walls!

Lissa decides to take a little nap
Belle got a HUGE piece
Walls after paper.. Kinda gross looking huh?
Walls after Lissa got done painting them :o)
I was sooo afraid of making the basement dark with the small windows
So I wanted to do a cream yellow color but it turned out pretty cream white and matches the ceiling
Here is the AFTER!!

LOVE IT!!!
Oh and now there is five bamboo bar stools instead of the woodsy bar stools
I placed the woodsy ones in the room with the wooden cabin type walls
And although I am NOT a country kind of girl I LOVE my wood cabin style walls.
They are soooo unique and awesome!!

5 comments:

Blonde African Americans said...

Thats pretty amazing, good job on the decorating if you can't tell we haven't taken the time or invested the money to put anything on our walls..... pretty sad but soon

Tami said...

You do good work! Love it

The Rebel said...

I definitly like it this way!!! Plaid is so ICKY!!! The lighter walls make the room seem brighter. GERAT JOB GIRLIE!!

Kari said...

I agree, it looks great! The light walls are much better than the plaid and pheasants.

And I love that huge mirror!

Alysha said...

WOW! Good Work! that makes an incredible difference!