Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yellowstone and Dennis


Dennis our exchange student from Germany who lived with us 2 years ago came to visit us! Who would have thunk that he would ever want to come see our crazy household again :o)


We decided to have a family swim day at Lava Hot Springs. We got there and discovered two new very steep slides and new higher prices *gasp* Having two adults, a German, a Dalton and six kids doesn't come cheap but we sure did make some priceless memories. Dennis decided he would jump off the highest tower! YIKES!! He was so proud of himself that 10 days later when I dropped him off at the airport he was still wearing his bracelet showing he did it lol


There he goes! When I was 10 I jumped off the top of that too! I remember jumping and someone on one of the lower boards saying "It's just a little girl" In my head I said "I AM NOT LITTLE" then smack hit the water and wedgie!! :o)


Dennis wanted to visit Yellowstone. I asked all the kids who wanted to go with us and only the two youngest wanted to. We had to leave super early and Shan said I should just leave them sleeping that it would be easier for me but I grabbed them anyway. It was a a day of driving from 7am to 10pm and there wasn't one complaint out of them! They were the bestest little travelers!!!


Alissa enjoying the fresh breeze of yellowstone while driving 23 miles an hour. There was lots of construction and many MANY cars so we got to really see yellowstone at a pace that everyone should experience! It was sooo beautiful and green this year!!!

Bubbling mud


Small geyser


Waiting for old faithful after eating some grub


Alissa giving you all out there a little wink


Old faithful! Dennis watched while it gave off the little spurts it does before the big one. He kept pulling out his camera and I would say not yet it's just playing with us. After a little while of this he said maybe that was it. I laughed and said Dennis when it goes off you will KNOW!!


I have never been to the Yellowstone lake. It was sooo blue and beautiful!!


On the pier


By a sulfur pond


Buffalo


Breathtaking view! I was just in awe of the beauty!


We had rain and hail storms all day. We were very lucky though because we were always in our car when it happened and not out on some far away trail.


Which way do we go kiddos?


They thought they were funny when we came to this big rock wall and they said now this way Mom te he he


What are these kiddos looking at?


*Gasp* GET DOWN RIGHT NOW!! This is where nature is beautiful and scarily deadly.


Two little cuties sitting on a log


Traffic jam we were stuck in for about 30-40 minutes. The kids thought it was fun that they could be in the road. I got bit by mosquitoes all over my body but Dennis, Alissa and Daxton didn't get ANY!!


Dax and I thought it would be funny to look like we were getting hit by the car

Dennis and I


Alissa telling me what to do from the backseat
What a goofy goober


Alissa's first self portrait one handed camera shot *giggle*

Boy is it windy!! Alissa does NOT have chubby cheeks!
SLOW DOWN MOMMY!

Dennis wanted to take a turn at the wheel. He drives in Germany but "can't" in America when he asked me I thought of the movie Rainman..."Dad let's me drive slow in the driveway".... So I let him cruise at 25 miles per hour through the slowly moving traffic.


Tired kids. It was a long long day


We didn't eat much cuz the food was sooo expensive in the park. So this was a sight for hungry bellies when we drove into Rexburg.
It was a fabulously beautiful day!!
(FYI this all happened Aug 1-10th 2009)

5 comments:

evi said...

Of course everybody loves to visit your place and your fun family!!!

I remember my visit in 2000 with all your toddlers and very very young kids -- it was so much fun!! And now your kids are so big already! :-) Time just flies by...

Love you!

Tami said...

I really need to take my boys there!

Alysha said...

That looks so fun and so beautiful! Cute kids! How did Dennis like being compared to Rainman? hehehehe

Sprack Attack said...

Looks like you had fun. It is to bad the other kids didn't go.

Blonde African Americans said...

Great job documenting your trip it looks like you had a lot of fun.