Thursday, April 9, 2009

A sad day...

Ozzy
February 21 2008 to April 8 2009
Yesterday I received a pretty bad phone call. Ozzy had been hit by a car on the busy 1st street road. I didn't believe it at first because he had just been laying on my feet while I was doing paperwork for Hot Spot. I went out to the backyard and called for him. When he didn't come I checked all the gates and all the holes he has gotten out of in the past and everything was secure. But when I got out to the spot there he was. The lady who called me was waiting and they had moved him off the road. He died immediately so there was no suffering. I carried him home and gave him a last little love and wrapped him in his blanket.
Today as I am going through our normal steps he is missed a every turn.
He slept with me every night snuggling up to my side.
Sometimes I would get cranky because it was like sleeping with a child not being able to move, but this morning I wish I could have felt that.
When it it was time to take the kids to school he wasn't there jumping all around asking to go with us to drop them off.
I turned on the TV to start my Yoga and the commercial that was on had a doorbell and there was no barking and running for the door.
While doing yoga Ozzy did not try to lick my face or climb onto my legs.
He was such a HUGE part of our daily lives and I don't know why but he loved me the very most. He was always wanting to be close to me and trying to jump onto my lap.
And DANG it he just barely started going to the bathroom outside all the time instead of just most of the time!!
I sometimes look at my life and feel like I am living some kind of dream. I still feel like such a kid and when I look at my six kiddos I still go am I really a Mother to these incredible people? To think that in a flash everything could be taken away from me. I am so grateful for everything I have but don't feel like Ozzy got enough time here with us.
LOVE YOU OZ!!

5 comments:

Dads(2) said...

Geez, now you've made me cry like a baby! Love you guys and sorry for your loss!

Alysha said...

That was a beautiful tribute to Ozzy. I love you and so sorry!

Blonde African Americans said...

Oh your poor kids, I had that happen to my dog when I was a kid and I was pretty torn up. Today is a new day keep your head up.-R

Angelkisses said...

Thanks everybody! I have the most incredible family and friends! Today is better then yesterday and tomorrow should be better then that.. He will be missed.

evi said...

It really does sound like Ozzy is missed! Maybe - after some moarning - there is a chance for a new family dog...