Friday, April 10, 2009

Embrace

I saw this posted on facebook and I absolutely LOVED it so I wanted to share it with all my peeps here too!! I for one am very much for live and let live and I embrace the differences in us all! How boring the world would be if we were all the exact same! I can't wait for a world where everyone is accecpted for who they are and for their inner beauty instead of being judged by what closed minded people think everyone should be.
ENJOY!
or
NOT
I don't judge either way!
I am probably going to butcher this but like my rockin friend says..
Life is like a box of crayons there are tons of different colors but we all have to fit into the same box.
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans
Something to think about......

3 comments:

Missy said...

Have you also thought of the fact that people aren't perfect? Because people make mistakes, does that makes us all idiotic losers in your eyes? However, I do appreciate differences--like crayons, only better, each of us is unique--and a child of God!!!! We each should be respected for who we are, not who we are not. I love you, Mom

evi said...

giggles...
Karissa, that was a very funny way to cope with that topic!

And I loved the little wisdom about the crayons. I need to blend that in my next conversation.

Happy Easter!

Alysha said...

I do enjoy all the different crayons in my life. I also love and enjoy many people who live their lives in ways that I do not think are in accordance with God's laws. I enjoy my friends who have one night stands and think they are amazing people, but I would never condone it. I love and enjoy my friends who think it is okay to lie at work because it is business, but do not think that is right either. It is possible to love and enjoy all people and still stand for what you hold to be true.