Saturday, June 28, 2008

Exercise

With the summer heat finally here I start seeing more of my thighs and bum in shorts and swimming suits. Last year I looked forward to this and was proud of how far I had come. This year I again want to hide away in cover ups and capri's. I am thinking of the seemingly fast fixes like Nivea's Goodbye Celullite Cream that I rub in and massage till my thighs and cheeks are a nice bright red color. I also start to look into pills like Alli or slimshots. Fully knowing that those things can't help and then I go dipping into the Hagendaz and flush away any progress made down the toilet. I know that losing the 70 pounds in 8 months was because I watched what I ate and I exercised nearly everyday! Am I doing these things?? Oh sure I am! I can remember maybe two tuesdays ago that I am pretty sure I ran outside and I sure did like watching that Hagendaz disappear last night. If I want to be happy with the way I look and be proud to play in the pool with my kids instead of sitting on the side in a cover up just watching I better get on the ball. Don't you just love that you know all the right answers?? I know exactly what I need to do and what I should be doing! Oh, I have the best excuses as to why it didn't happen today. I continue to wake up with a chip/ice cream/pop/fast food hangover going WHY WHY WHY did I do that???????? As I look at the pictures posted above you can guess which one I want to be like and now I have to forget the excuses and go break a sweat!

5 comments:

conner posse said...

help me!! i am totally in a slump, too! i am hoping the HOT summer will make me not want to eat crap anymore! i've been loving on the cheeseburgers, fries and shakes. oh, and the candy...YUM. i have such a stinkin' sweet tooth!! and i haven't been exercising.

i want to fit back into my size three jeans. i mean, they fit...but only if i squeeze into them while hopping up and down. ha!

I HAVE NO SELF DISCIPLINE!!!!!

Blonde African Americans said...

Have you been reading my mind!-T

Alysha said...

You're so funny. I was just emailing with a new friend the other day telling him how I had finally joined the "Hell with the perfect body club" and how good it felt. I think about giving up my sweets and realize that yeah I could get skinnier, but I am happy and enjoying my life, and look okay, so who cares. You're beautiful and I am super impressed with all the weight you lost, so hope you can find the balance where you enjoy how you are living and also how you look. xoxo

Sarah said...

I am still trying to figure out which picture you would like to look like ;) I find I enjoy exercise more when I am just doing it for the joy of it, I love YOGA and it seems to relax not only my body!

Rob and Jenn said...

haha. you make me laugh. I'm a little happy I don't have to worry too much about dieting this summer...check out our blog for a fun announcement.