Monday, December 14, 2009

Can you say TOO MUCH?!?

I have no idea what the heck is wrong with me and what exactly I want in life. It seems I want more but then I want nothing at all. For example let's take today. And FYI I am blessed with female hormones out of whack right now too. I got a new puppy! Yes I already have a dog but I have been wanting something tiny to take care of and since having a baby would take a miracle or an indiscretion..... puppy it is. Plus Jett is such an incredible dog and he doesn't need to be watched 24/7 just walked and feed and cuddled. Anyway, today while trying to get the new puppy excited about peeing outside I have to use my extra happy voice. Well, Jett really LOVES my extra happy voice and knows it means something great. So I am telling Jagger (new puppy) "Let's go outside!!!" since he had been sniffing around and I could tell it meant potty time. So Jagger starts out the door. Then from down the hall at full speed here comes Jett and he blows through the kitchen and runs out the door stomping on Jagger on his way. Well, Jagger gets a paw hurt and he is scared to death so he runs the opposite direction back into the house. 2 seconds later there is a puddle on the floor that would have been outside if Jett wouldn't have come bounding. URG.... But this is NOT Jett's fault. Jett is not even a year yet himself. Things like this have been challenging. I try to play and tire out new puppy with play and of course that means you need to play with Jett too. It has been crazy fun trying to play hard tug-o-war on one arm and soft tug and shake with the other. I need to get some video of this!! Also with treat giving I have to make sure I make Jett do one of his tricks too so both get a treat and both earn it. Every time Jagger goes potty I reward him and then have to make sure I have Jett sit, lay down, shake, play dead etc. Potty training is also TONS of fun right now because it is FREEZING cold outside. You have to put on shoes and get your coat and get the puppy outside before he pees inside. They say to walk them out when you see them needing to go so they know which way to go to do it themselves. I REALLY doubt he could hold it while I am running around trying to get my coat on and find my shoes. There are times when I go out without shoes and coat and of course those are the time he decides to take FOREVER. Jett loves to come out and make him play with him while I am patiently waiting to get excited about yellow snow which is just lovely. You know how as a Mom and you take your kids to a pool and they don't know how to swim? You are constantly on guard making sure he or she doesn't drown. It is EXHAUSTING! I mean I have never needed a nap more then after just sitting pool side and just watching! So now take the feeling and multiply it by an entire day and see how you feel. I don't want pee or poo poo on the floor so it is a constant watch when he is not in his crate. I now look forward to crate time when I did when my kids were babies and they finally fall asleep. Jett always goes with me to pick up the kids from school. He was really excited and had to say hi to all of them one at a time. We start driving and he is making his rounds. He starts getting up into the front seat and one of his legs gets stuck. He is crying I don't know how to unstick him and I start shaking and pull off the road. Jett gets unstuck but now I am shaky and feeling sick because I have never heard Jett cry like that before. So did I really want all this responsibility?!?! I sure as heck thought I did and have been searching for that special poochy since April. What is wrong with me? lol I have tons of kids, a house to clean, meals to make, homework to help with, errands to run, kids to pick up, teeth to be brushed, bodies to be cleaned and I want to add not one but TWO dogs to the mix. I am so excited about all my kids being in school and all that I am going to be able to do or NOT do *wink* So why the heck am I adding more cute things to do??? I don't know what void I am trying to fill but I better figure it out soon before I fall over into a coma. Oh, a coma sounds just LOVELY!!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

That just makes me want to pull over and take a nap! Enjoy or give the dog away!

Blonde African Americans said...

Tell Shan congrats on the new dog - Raphael

Missy said...

Ha, Ha, Ho, Ho--serves you right :) Actually, I know the feeling, that's why I am laughing--you should have seen me when I ran over Moonie and she started to scream....Love you, Mom