Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's that smell??









So..
There was a smell in the boys room
and yes there usually is
BUT
This time is was soooo bad!!
I asked the boys if they had been peeing on the floor
No!
NO!
Well... Maybe once
Where?
So I shampooed the spot
Then decided to do the entire room just in case!! :o)
The smell was still there...
So I washed
Pillows
blankets
sheets
EVERYTHING!
The smell was still there.
I looked behind the dresser and found two pairs of dirty underwear
The smell was still there
I bought carpet powder
I sprinkled baking soda
The smell was still there!!!
Shan and I thought we would have to ripe up the carpet!
URG!
I was NOT happy with my little boys
Well, I lived with the smell for three days
I made the boys close the door at ALL times!
I would open the window during the day
This is no exaggeration!
There was a pungent urine Oder that would just knock you down and make you throw up a little in your mouth.
Well, on the evening on the third day
Shan says "Does is smell kinda like something is burning too?
I look up and sure enough
I find the culprit
There was dirty undies in the light fixture
HOORAY!!
Smell was gone within 24 hrs
Culprit was thrown away
**I am very VERY thankful that there wasn't a fire. If they would have caught fire it would have landed right onto Daxtons bed which would have made it bigger and we would have had a huge mess, money spent and possibly some burned kids... whew! Scary**
**Underwear was harmed in the making of this story**
**yellow print was also on purpose**

4 comments:

Tami said...

What smart boys you have to throw their dirty underwear up, have it get stuck and not want to tell. I am glad you figured it out before something bad happened.

Sprack Attack said...

Wow, you are sure lucky. Congrats on getting that yucky smell gone. Now you just get to wait for the next yucky smell they can come up with.

Trish Griffee said...

Oh that's gross! This is one of those stories that makes me grateful for my little girls!

conner posse said...

woooo, scary! ohmigosh, sooooo hilarious though, now that it's behind you, you can laugh about it. but, WOW!! haha!!